Davis-Young Selected for HBCU Combine & Senior Bowl
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Regyn Davis-Young from the Winston-Salem State University athletic training staff has been awarded the opportunity to attend the HBCU Combine & Senior Bowl on January 27-February 6, the NFL Football Operations Department announced last month.
"I'm beyond honored to be chosen for this position," said Davis-Young. "This is undoubtedly the most distinguishable opportunity of my career thus far. I am beyond thankful for this opportunity to represent myself and WSSU in the best light possible."
Davis-Young helps oversee the day-to-day operations in the training room and assists the student-athletes.
About the HBCU Combine & Senior Bowl:
- Increase the amount of HBCU players drafted and signed as UDFAs
- Elevate the perception of HBCU athletes and the HBCU Combine; hosting the event in partnership with Senior Bowl provides additional credibility
- Build relationship between NFL and incoming players (mentorship with current NFL players and Legends)
- Engage cross-functional working group to build plan/content/engagement to elevate HBCU Combine and generate partnerships
- Maximize publicity of Combine on broadcast/social media utilizing NFL Network talent, Legends, current players and influencers in the HBCU space
- Incorporate unique programming or event
- Collaborate with Sponsorship to explore partnership interest
- Provide experience opportunities for football personnel (athletic training, video...). Similar initiatives during other tentpole events