Lady Rams Tennis Records First Win Of The Season; Defeats Savannah State, 7-0
Feb. 23, 2008
The Lady Rams cruised to the win as they swept all six singles matches and a trio of doubles matches en route to the sweep of
The Lady Rams' Shannon Loughnan and Johanna Nunez defeated SSU's Angela Palmer and Shawannda McClain 8-1 at first doubles; Terese Lavan and Gabrielle Benjamin defeated Para Malden and Chantasia Bridges 8-1 at second doubles, and Jessica Smith and Jade Heggins earned a win by forfeit at third doubles as WSSU secured the match's doubles point.
WSSU earned straight-set victories at first, second, third and fourth singles and earned forfeit wins at fifth and sixth singles as they secured their first win of the season.
The win improves WSSU to 1-9 overall while
WSSU returns to action at 6:00 pm when they face the Lady Bulldogs of
For additional information on WSSU women's tennis, contact the WSSU Office of Athletic Media Relations at (336) 750-2143 or log on to the Official Website of WSSU Athletics at WSSURams.com.
Tennis Match Results
Feb 23, 2008 at
1. Shannon Loughnan (WSSUW) def. Angela Palmer (SAVSTATE) 6-2, 6-1
2. Johanna Nunez (WSSUW) def. Chantasia Bridges (SAVSTATE) 6-0, 6-0
3. Terese Lavan (WSSUW) def. Shawannda McClain (SAVSTATE) 6-0, 6-2
4. Gabrielle Benjamin (WSSUW) def. Para
5. Jessica Smith (WSSUW) def. No player (SAVSTATE), by forfeit
6. Jade Heggins (WSSUW) def. No player (SAVSTATE), by forfeit
2. Terese Lavan/Gabrielle Benjamin (WSSUW) def.
3. Jessica Smith/Jade Heggins (WSSUW) def. No player/No player (SAVSTATE), by default