Winston-Salem State Lady Rams Tennis Falls To Norfolk State, 7-0
March 18, 2008
Norfolk State's Fiorella Valdivia downed WSSU's Shannon Loughnan 6-1, 6-0 at first singles; NSU's Brittany Foster defeated WSSU's Terese Lavan 6-1, 6-2 at second singles; Johanna Nunez of WSSU fell 6-3, 6-1 to Lerissa Morris at third singles; Laken Joyce dropped a 6-2, 6-1 decision to NSU's Stepanka Velebova; Gabrielle Benjamin fell to NSU's Jennifer Astbury 6-0, 6-1 at fifth singles and Jessica Smith fell to Ashlee Daughtry 6-0, 6-0 as Norfolk State swept all six singles matches in straight sets.
The Lady Spartans secured the doubles point with a sweep of all three doubles matches en route to the 7-0 victory.
The Lady Rams fall to 1-16 overall with the loss while the Lady Spartans improve to 4-5 overall with the win.
For additional information on WSSU women's tennis, contact the WSSU Office of Athletic Media Relations at (336) 750-2143 or log on to the Official Website of WSSU Athletics at WSSURams.com.
Tennis Match Results
Mar 18, 2008 at
2. FOSTER,Brittany (NSU) def. Terese Lavan (WSSUW) 6-1, 6-2
3. MORRIS,Lerissa (NSU) def. Johanna Nunez (WSSUW) 6-3, 6-1
4. VELEBOVA,Stepanka (NSU) def. Laken Joyce (WSSUW) 6-2, 6-1
5. ASTBURY,Jennifer (NSU) def. Gabrielle Benjamin (WSSUW) 6-0, 6-1
6. DAUGHRTY,Ashlee (NSU) def. Jessica Smith (WSSUW) 6-0, 6-0
2. FOSTER,Brittany/DAUGHRTY,Ashlee (NSU) def. Terese Lavan/Gabrielle Benjamin (WSSUW) 8-2
3. MORRIS,Lerissa/ASTBURY,Jennifer (NSU) def. Laken Joyce/Jade Heggins (WSSUW) 8-5