Indoor Track and Field Competes at Gamecock Opener
COLUMBIA, S.C.- The Winston-Salem State indoor track and field team was back in action today competing at the Gamecock Opener hosted by South Carolina.
All together the Rams competed in 15 events highlighted by a third-place overall finish from Kennedy Alexander in the high jump.
- Amique Willis and Anyha Goode competed in the 60m dash finishing with a time of 8.22 and 8.28 in the preliminary, respectively. Kyndall Barrow ran a time of 8.44 and Erykah Baldwin ran a time of 8.44.
- Goode also ran in the 200m dash finishing with a time of 27.77. Baldwin ran a time of 28.37 and Nykaya Ebron finished with a time of 28.83. Barrow ran a time of 29.05, while Nia Hester ran a time of 30.14.
- Tamia McLean finished in 12th in the 400m dash with a time of 1:00.40. Wynter Sample ran a time of 1:06.13 and Tinasia Davis ran a time of 1:06.77.
- Raven Ferrell and Vanessa Jones competed in the 800m run, running times of 2.38.77 and 2.38.78, respectively.
- The 4x400 relay team comprised of McLean, Davis, Ferrell, and Stample finished with a time of 4:12.40.
- In the field events, Nia Hester had a mark of 4.90m (16-01.00) in the long jump. Baldwin jumped 4.64m (15-02.75).
- Three Rams competed in the shot put, Asia Lampe, Alyssa Farmer, and Eriana Townes. Lampe finished with a mark of 11.14m (36-06.50) and Farmer threw 10.75m (35-03.25), while Townes threw 9.50m (31-02.00).
- Alexander's mark of 1.65m (5-05.00) sparked the afternoon for the Rams.
Winston-Salem State is back in action next Saturday, January 22 competing in the Finn Pincus Invitational at Roanoke College.