Indoor Track and Field Competes at JDL Flat is Fast Invitational
WINSTON-SALEM- N.C. - The Winston Salem State indoor track and field team was back in action yesterday, January 23 at the JDL Fast Track meet.
Together the Rams competed in a total of 11 events highlighted by the 4x400 team finishing in first place overall.
- Anyha Goode, Nykaya Ebron, and Oshamiya Black all competed in the 60m dash finishing with times of 8.30, 8.39, and 8.87, respectively. Ebron and Black also both competed in the 200m dash with a time of 28.87 and 29.49, respectively.
- Tamia McLean finished in 7th place in the 400m dash with a time of 1:00.77. Tiarra Smith ran a time of 1:02.81 and Taniyah Oates ran a time of 1:11.69.
- Vanessa Jones ran a time of 2:38.50 and Wynter Stample ran a time of 2:42.50 in the 800m dash.
- Vanessa Jones also competed in the one mile run with a time of 6:05.50
- The 4x400 relay team comprised of McLean, Smith, Stample, and Imani Tatum finished with a time of 4:11.61 which resulted in 1st place. The rams also had another 4x400 relay team comprised of Anyha Goode, Erykah Baldwin, Kennedy Alexander, and Nykaya Ebron finishing with a time of 4:35.49.
- In the field events Nia Hester had a mark of 1.43m in the High Jump along with recording a 10.21m (33-05.97) in the Triple Jump. Goode & Baldwin both competed in the long jump with marks of 4.59m (15.7) and 4.31m (14.1).
- Three rams competed in the shot put, Alyssa Farmer, Asia Lampe, and Eriana Townes. Farmer finished with a mark of 11.57m (37-11.5) and Lampe threw 11.21m (36-9.3) while Townes threw 8.83m (28-11.6).
Winston Salem State will be back in action next weekend January 28-29th in the VMI Winter Relays at Virginia Military Institute.