Track & Field Opens Outdoor Season at Alan Connie Shamrock Invitational
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The Winston-Salem State outdoor track and field team wrapped up the weekend competing at the Alan Connie Shamrock Invitational at Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium, Myrtle Beach. Together the Rams competed in 20 total events throughout the weekend.
- The Rams finished tied with Fayetteville for fourth place overall. The meet was highlighted by Alyssa Farmer making it to the finals in the discus and shot put with throws of 38.87m and 12.22m respectively, and Tionna Wilson making it to the finals in the long jump recording a mark of 5.31m.
- Amiyah Murray and Nia Hester both competed in the High Jump recording marks of 1.48m and 1.38m, respectively.
- Amiyah Murray, Erykah Baldwin, Kyndall Barrow, and Kennedy Alexander all competed in the 200m dash recording times of 27.28, 27.43, 27.73, and 28.73 respectively.
- In the 100m dash opening round, Kyndall Barrow, Nykaya Ebron, and Essence Newkirk all competed with times of 13.16, 13.27, and 13.42 respectively.
- Moriah Simmons and Taniyah Oates both competed in the 400m dash open running times of 1:07.57 and 1:07.91.
- We had three athletes compete in the 400m dash collegiate, Wynter Stample, Imani Tatum, and Kyla Houston, with times of 1:03.21, 1:05.41, and 1:07.72 respectively.
- Essence Newkirk and Tinasia Davis both competed in the 400m hurdles, with times of 1:12.15 and 1:13.37.
- Wynter Stample also went along to compete in the 800m race with a time of 2:29.65. Tinasia Davis, Tiarra Smith and Tamia McLean also competed with times of 2:36.20, 2:23.91, and 2:27.98 respectively.
- Vanessa Jones and Raven Ferrell both competed in the 1 mile run with times of 5:51.71 and 6:09.23. Tiarra Smith and Tamia McLean competed in the 1 mile run open with times of 5:49.48 and 6:04.52.
- In the 3000 Steeplechase Vanessa Jones, and Kassidy Everhart recorded times of 13:38.35 and 13:40.65.
- We had three rams compete in the discus throw; Alyssa Farmer, Asia Lampe, and Eriana Townes recorded marks of 38.87m, 36.20m, and 18.95m respectively.
- In the high jump low bar, Amiyah Murray and Nia Hester recorded marks of 1.48m and 1.38m.
- Four athletes competed in the javelin throw, DeMya Campbell, Alyssa Farmer, Eriana Townes, and Asia Lampe, recording marks of 32.86m, 27.71m, 22.55m, 18.30m respectively.
- Tionna Wilson, Nia Hester, and Anyha Goode competed in the long jump. Wilson recorded a mark of 5.31m which resulted in 7th place, Hester recorded a mark of 4.98m and Goode recorded a jump of 4.61m.
- In the shot put the Rams had four athletes compete, Alyssa Farmer, Asia Lampe, DeMya Campbell, and Eriana Townes. Alyssa Farmer recorded a season-best (12.22m), Asia Lampe recorded a mark of 11.59m, DeMya Campbell recorded a mark of 11.46m and Eriana Townes recorded a personal-best of 10.72m as well.
- In the triple jump Kyndall Barrow, and Erykah Baldwin recorded jumps of 10.19m and 9.59m respectively.
- The Rams had two 4x100m relay teams, Erykah Baldwin, Amique Willis, Kyndall Barrow, and Raven Haston were on the first team recording a time of 49.18, resulting in 7th place overall. Essence Newkirk, Taniyah Oates, Imani Tatum, and Kyla Houston were on the second team recording a time of 51.79, resulting in 13th place overall.
- The Rams had a total of four different 4x200m relay teams. Tiarra Smith, Wynter Stample, Tinasia Davis, and Tamia McLean recorded a time of 1:46.93. Essence Newkirk, Kyla Houston, Imani Tatum, and Amiyah Murray recorded a time of 1:50.53. Erykah Baldwin, Amique Willis, Kyndall Barrow, and Raven Haston recorded a time of 1:50.98. Taniyah Oates, Kennedy Alexander, Tionna Wilson, and Moriah Simmons recorded a time of 1:52.03.
- In the 4x400m relays, the Rams had three different relay teams compete. Tiarra Smith, Amique Willis, Wynter Stample, and Tamia McLean recorded a time of 4:03.29. Taniyah Oates, Imani Tatum, Moriah Simmons, and Kyla Houston recorded a time of 4:24.65. Tinasia Davis, Tionna Wilson, Anyha Goode, and Nykaya Ebron recorded a time of 4:40.63.
Winston Salem State will be back in action next weekend, March 25-26 at the Adidas Trojan Challenge at The University of Mount Olive.