Track and Field Finish the Weekend at the Gamecock Invitational
COLUMBIA, S.C. - The Winston-Salem State University track and field team was back in action competing at the Gamecock Invitational, hosted by The University of South Carolina. Together the Rams competed in a total of 12 events highlighted by Kennedy Alexander recording a mark of 1.65m in the high jump resulting in 4th place overall.
- Raven Haston, Nykaya Ebron, Kyndall Barrow, and Taniyah Oates competed in the 100m dash recording times of 12.43, 12.76, 12.83, and 13.29 respectively.
- Raven Haston (26.17), Tamia McLean (26.23), Tiarra Smith (26.69), Nykaya Ebron (26.86), Kyndall Barrow (27.719, and Kyla Houston (27.86) all competed in the 200m dash.
- Three Rams also competed in the 400m dash with Kyla Houston (1:02.53), Imani Tatum (1:02.59), and Moriah Simmons (1:06.33).
- Tiarra Smith, Tamia McLean, Wynter Stample, and Vanessa Jones all competed in the 800m finals recording times of 2:20.70, 2:23.45, 2:28.42, 2:30.81, respectively.
- Three Rams competed in the 1500m race; Vanessa Jones (5:06.13), Raven Ferrell (5:25.46), and Kassidy Everheart (5:29.28).
- Essence Newkirk (15.45), and Amiyah Murray (16.19) competed in the 100m hurdles.
- Four Rams competed in the 400m hurdles; Tinasia Davis (1:10.60), Essence Newkirk (1:13.51), Taniyah Oates (1:14.12), and Amiyah Murray (1:18.29).
- In the 4x100m relay, Nykaya Ebron, Kyndall Barrow, Taniyah Oates, and Raven Haston recorded a time of 48.82.
- Kennedy Alexander captured 4th place overall with a mark of 1.65m and Amiyah Murray recorded a mark of 1.55m in the high jump.
- Nia Hester competed in the long jump with a mark of 4.87m (15-11.75).
- DeMya Cambell finished with a mark of (11.60m, 38-00.75) in the shot put.
- Alyssa Farmer (42.90, 140-09), and DeMya Cambell (27.79, 91-02) both competed in the shot put.
Winston-Salem State will be back in action next weekend April 22nd in the Aggie Classic at North Carolina A&T State University.