Alexander, Campbell and Jones Highlights the Day for the Rams at the Aggie Classic
GREENSBORO, N.C. -Kennedy Alexander captures third in the high jump place as the Winston-Salem State University competed in the two-day Aggie Classic hosted by North Carolina A&T State University. DeMya Campbell saw a second-place finish in the javelin throw and Vanessa Jones also saw a third-place finish in the 5000m finals. Altogether, the Rams competed in 16 events.
How it Happened
- Six Rams competed in the 100m preliminaries.
- Raven Haston (25.92), Erykah Baldwin (26.66), Nykaya Ebron (26.66), Anyha Goode (27.03), Kyla Houston (27.17), and Aaliyah Dillard (30.17) all ran in the 200m.
- Kyla Houston and Moriah Simmons ran in the 400m finals finishing with times of 1:01.78 and 1:04.34, respectively.
- Tamia McLean (2:20.49), Tiarra Smith (2:21.47), Wynter Stample (2:26.46), Raven Ferrell (2:26.54), and Vanessa Jones (2:34.12) all ran in the 800m finals.
- Vanessa Jones led the way in the 1500m finals finishing with a tie of 5:00.37. Tiarra Smith, Raven Ferrell, and Tamia McLean all finished with times of 5:03.23, 5:16.90, and 5:17.99, respectively.
- Vanessa Jones finished in third place in the 5000m race with a time of 20:15.65.
- Essence Newkirk (15.13) and Amiyah Murray (15.50) both ran in the 100 hurdles preliminaries.
- Essence Newkirk, Tinasia Davis, and Amiyah Murray also ran in the 400 hurdles finals finishing with times of 1:07.45, 1:11.13, and 1:14.21, respectively.
- The 4x100 relay team comprised of Erykah Baldwin, Nykaya Ebron, Kyndall Barrow, and Raven Haston came in sixth place with a time of 48.60.
- The 4x400 relay team (Tamia McLean, Tierra Smith, Wynter Stample, and Tinasia Davis) finished in fourth place with a time of 3:58.52.
- Kennedy Alexander captured third place in the high jump with a mark of 1.65m (5'5"). Teammate Amiyah Murray finished in eighth place with a mark of 1.45m (4'9").
- Tionna Wilson finished in sixth place in the long jump 5.46m (17'11"). Nia Hester (5.16m, 16'11.25"), Kyndall Barrow (4.88m 16'0.25"), Amiyah Murray (4.81m 15'9.5"), and Erykah Baldwin (4.45m 14'7.25") also competed in the long jump.
- Kyndall Barrow (10.40m 34'1.5") and Nia Hester (10.13m 33'3") also competed in the triple jump.
- DeMya Campbell, Asia Lampe, and Eriana Townes competed in the shot put finals with marks of 11.49 (37'8.5"), 10.70m (35'1.25"), and 9.71m (31'10.25"), respectively.
- Alyssa Farmer, Asia Lampe, DeMya Campbell, and Eriana Townes all competed in the discus finals finishing with marks of 40.04m (131'4"), 37.32m (122'5"), 33.29m (109'3") and 24.65m (80'10"), respectively.
- Four Rams competed in the javelin finals including DeMya Campbell who captured second place with a mark of 34.30m (112'6"). Alyssa Farmer (32.32m 106'0"), Eriana Townes (20.29m 66'7"), and Asia Lampe (19.37m 64'9") also had good marks in the finals.
The Rams will be back in action May 6-7 at the CIAA Outdoor Championships in Bowie, Maryland.